Sunday, September 8, 2013

It's been awhile/ sunday morning Jamz

I'm pretty sure it's been years actually. I realized I need this blog back in my life. I'm not sure why I stopped, laziness most likely. Maybe I'm having my quarter life crisis and i'm trying to go back to a simpler time. Really though I think I just miss talking about music. I don't have any agenda, i'm simply here to talk about music that I like and hopefully it will start a conversation.

Without further ado, here is my "Sunday Jamz" post.

Sundays are a good time to sit in bed with a cup of coffee and just browse the web for some jamz. Sometimes you go searching and sometimes it finds you. Today was one of those days where music found me. Looking through old blog posts of one of my favorites Megan Isobel of <a href="http://www.lipssofacto.com/2012/06/june.html#.Uiys1mQ_8hY">LipsoFacto</a>, I found a playlist she posted about a year ago. On the list was Grizzly Bear - Shift (alternate version) which I realized I had heard once before in the movie Blue Valentine but decided I needed to hear it again. After a google search I found that the song had been performed on one of my all time favorite music sites, <a href="http://en.blogotheque.net/2006/07/01/grizzly-bear-en/">Le Blogoteque</a>. I love pretty much anything Vincent Moon does, and this was no exception. They also performed an accapella version of Knife. It's heartwarming and makes me smile.

Here they are... my Sunday Jamz

No comments: