Monday, October 14, 2013

Nostalgia

Hello all! This week was my birthday, which often leads to some reflection on years past. When it comes to music, I love rediscovering old favorites. This time around I reminisced with the songs of 90's past. For me this was a pivotal time, the end of grade school and the beginning the mysterious beyond (weird Land Before Time Reference, but also Middle School) First, today was the day I remembered how much I love Hanson. Noticed this is not past-tense. They group, often put in the same category as 90's boy bands, is so much more than a "boy-band." For one thing, they ACTUALLY play instruments. I don't want to get to worked up so let me just get on with it. The song I chose is A Minute Without You, this song was my JAM when I was ten, and I STILL love it. It's just so fun, and up-lifting. It's kind of a sweet love song actually. And those SWEET SWEET harmonies!!!
Second, you may know Robyn now as a Pop/Dance dream, with her song Dancing On My Own playing in the show GIRLS, or seeing Taran Killam spoofing her video for Call Your Girlfriend,hilariously, on SNL. I knew her first as the R&B songstress, shouting at me to SHOW HER LOVE AND WHAt IT'S ALL ABOUT. Show Me Love was a from one of Robyn's first albums that my cousin had on tape. We would blast it and jump on her bed, as if we could understand the meaning lyrics perfectly.
I don't have a third 90's song, but I do have a fun song from the 60's. Sugartown by Nancy Sinatra! I don't know what it is but I can't get enough of this song! Also gotta love the cover by Zooey D in 500 days of summer. (CAN'T FIND A LINK..... GAH!)

No comments: