Friday, January 2, 2009

Celebrity Playlists


So iTunes does this thing where every week or every other week they have a celebrity or two share a playlist with people that you can download as a cd or check out individual songs. Sometimes the person will go in great detail and sometimes I think they have someone do it for them. Well this week Kate Hudson made a playlist that I was pleasantly surprised by. It's actually pretty good and thought out. She isn't picking songs that promote herself or one of her movies. (with the exception of her ex-husbands band , which doesn't seem as bad to me).
She does have a new movie coming out so that's why they picked her but the songs themselves seem like songs she genuinly likes.
I could be wrong....
The first song is Arcade Fire which is a solid choice and made me actually read her comments, which were more than one word sentences. I really appreciate people who take the time to think about songs they really love and be honest about and it and want to share great music with people.
The one thing that sucked about her playlist was it didn't really provide any NEW music I haven't heard of but that's ok.
... and it doesn't hurt if they enjoy the same kind of music I do. :)

So here is Kate's list...

1. Arcade Fire - Keep The Car Running
2. Coldplay - The Scientist
3. Bob Dylan Simple Twist of Fate (Live)
4. Bon Iver - Skinny Love
5. Neil Young - Pardon My Heart
6. All I Need - Radiohead
7. U2 - All I Want Is You
8. Faces - Glad and Sorry
9. MGMT - Time to Pretend
10. Bend Folds - You Don't Know Me (feat. Regina Spektor)
11. The Black Crowes - Title Song (Live)
12. Jack Johnson - Supposed to Be

1 comment:

Sanaa said...

wow. that is actually. surprisingly enough. a nice playlist. haha. like you i am a bit sad that there are no new songs that i have not heard of. but its refreshing seeing that celebrities think for themselves haha.