Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So much greatness in a short amount of time.


So basically I have been living in a very dark cave when it comes to the music world.
I just discovered how great Andrew Bird really is. So it's not like I had never heard of Andrew Bird ok, I am not THAT lame. Of course I heard of him, from many people, and so I decided to download some of his stuff awhile ago. I was only able to download three songs and I just discovered they are from very old albums... Like 2003 status and so forth.
I soon forgot about him and kind of gave up.
Then in december this last year a friend insisted that Armchair Apocrypha was amazing so I put it on my list of things to check out among other things, kind of in the back of my mind.
It wasn't until last night that I finally found a copy.
Basically I have been listening to it constantly and truly love it. I love the whistling. I heard he does it constantly... like in life haha.
My favorite songs off the album so far are
Imitosis
Heretics

But I think most all of them are great and now I plan on purchasing Noble Beast because I hear it's just as awesome.

I just started checking out Animal Collective's new album and I will have more on that later when I have listened to the whole thing a few times.

Oh and also up next time She & Him!!!!
and Lykke Li
and Hood Internet haha

1 comment:

Sanaa said...

i love andrew bird. im seeing him in new orleans soon :) so pumped!