Thursday, February 12, 2009

An American Doll


There are few reviews I was going to talk about, but there is something that has been bugging me
and I need to write about it so that people can think about it for a second. Ok so you might want
to know what the hell I am talking about.
First of all I don't believe in guilty pleasure music. I don't think you should have to feel guilty for
listening to music. If you like something THEN LISTEN TO IT!!!!! All I ask of people is that they have an
open mind and explore beyond the radio. It goes both ways. There are people who only listen
to obscure music and look down upon people who listen to pop or whatever they deem "not good"
I think people need to chill out and just LOVE music. Don't discriminate, don't stereotype!

Ok now that, that is out of the way I wanted to talk about something many of you might judge me for.
It's Britney Spears. I know she's crazy but so are a lot of other musicians.
I think people need to jump off there high horse and look at the facts.
She makes good DANCE music. The lyrics might not be fanciful poems of the subconscious, but SO WHAT.
Maybe some people can't get over he "baby one more time" phase but if you took a look at her last two albums
you would see that they have great dance beats and they make me want to dance more than anything else.
I know there are a lot of people who agree in secret. LET YOUR SECRET OUT!
Britney's music is some of the best Dance/Pop out there, don't let your own snobbery get the best of you
cause if you do you will truly be missing out.

2 comments:

Sanaa said...

oh. my. god. THANK YOU. for writing this. hahaha. i am a fan of obscure music as well and i love brittany spears. i rushed out to buy her new album. come on. she so got her comeback. yay for brittany spears. i like how she isnt trying to be something she isnt or sing like someone else. she does what is best for her and doesnt try to simple please the crowds anymore. its finally about the music. heck. yes. you are too cool.

Samuel Nicholas said...

Britney rocks the dance beats. Gimme More is freaking great.