Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Her Heels So High, My Hopes So Low

Songs of the day!! Will I make it before midnight????
Alright so I spent to discovering new and old music alike.
I watched the DVD that comes with the Stars album "In Our Bedroom After The War"
It was so inspiring and beautiful. (Musically and Visually)
It reminded me of when I saw them open for Death Cab a few years ago.
That was one of the best live shows I have ever seen.

anyway....


Gila - Beach House:

Oh what can I say... Beach House is one of those brilliant bands that has gotten better over time. I am lucky enough to have discovered them when they are that much better. I have a place in my heart for the organs in this song.


Your Love - The Outfield:

I am not the biggest 80's music fan but when I hear Tony Lewis belt out "JOSIE'S ON A VACATION FAR AWAY" I can't help but belt it out.


And of course with my day filled with Stars music I had to add one of their million amazing songs. (yeah it's just a pic of Amy... I love the rest of the band but this pic was too good to pass up.)
Via Patchenphotography



The First Five Times - Stars:

This song is about sex, so how could you go wrong?
I love the lyrics because the take a subject that so many 'artists' and people treat extremely lightly and make it personal and meaningful.

No comments: