Monday, June 1, 2009

Songs of The Past Few Days

So I got a little sidetracked this weekend and haven't been updating my songs of the day. That doesn't mean I didn't have them planned out. Here are the songs that filled my weekend with melancholy bliss.


Let Me Roll It - Paul McCartney & Wings

I heard a cover version on this song and loved it. I discovered it was Paul McCartney & Wings and the original version is priceless. I love the sound of the electric guitar, the echoing-far-away voice of Paul. The slow but steady beat. It's a great, slow, rock song.
After downloading and listening to the song several times I realized I already had the song and the entire album on my computer already.... a true sign I need to look through my library more often.


Pic via jaredswafford
Twenty-Two Fourteen - The Album leaf

I have loved The Album Leaf for quite some time now. I think I knew I loved them when I watched a short documentary of them... on some channel (not really sure)
I guess I enjoy most of the songs but this one sticks with me. It's a song that get me thinking on a long walk. It never gets old.



Armistice - Phoenix

Well at first gander I did not enjoy this band. With encouragement from a friend I gave them another chance on their new album, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. I am really enjoying it. Maybe they got better. It's also possible I was listening to "short-lived British hard-rock band." ahaha.

No comments: