Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Songs of The Day

Sorry, I know I am a couple days short. I lost my list of songs I wanted to talk about, but they are found! Gee Wiz!
Before I get to them I just want to say that I am on a new music binge! (my favorite kind of binge) This binge includes the NEW Grizzly Bear so look out for a review of that one later on.

Alright... ONWARD!

First song is a cover:



... Maps covered by Rogue Wave from the album Sweethearts.

Now I will tell you up front that I like the Yeah Yeah Yeah's original better but this is a refreshing twist on an amazing song. I also love Rogue Wave so I don't think you can go wrong. Also the whole Sweethearts album was kind of a letdown for me so my mood was lightened when this gem floated into my eardrums.

Second song is:



Looks Like Rain by Friendly Fires

I just heard this song today! I am already in love with it. I like this band and have high hopes for them.


and finally:



Into the Fire by Thirteen Senses

I heard this song on Grey's Anatomy___ It was on the Pilot episode I believe. I have since attained many of their songs and think they are a lovely group with promise! They kind of remind me of The Fray I guess... or one of those type of bands. (You know the one's that get their song played on TV shows.)

No comments: